Zandu Haritaki Tablets
For Constipation, Indigestion, Piles.
In Ayurveda Haritaki is referred to as an herbaceous plant used primarily in various medicinal formulations. In Ayurveda, the philosophy of longevity is described in the Charka Samhita that it possesses five rasas, or tastes, out of the existing six as described in the Charka Samhita. These tastes are, respectively, sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent; Haritaki being devoid of the salty taste. Haritaki is hot, carminative, and it is light, works as a appetizer bringing about the stimulation of digestion, digestive, promoter of life. Tonic, an herb helping in the sustenance of youthful age, alleviates all diseases and provides strength to all the sense organs.
- Botanical Name: Terminalia Chebula
- Family: Combretaceae
- Common Name: Haritaki, Harar, Harida, Black Myrobalan, Chebulic Myrobalan.
Following are the properties of Haritaki:
- Rasa (taste): sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent.
- Virya (action): hot and light.
- Vipaka (post digestive effect): Sweet.
- Guna (quality): Ruksha or rough.
- Dosha Effect: Tridosha.
Parts Used: Fruits (powdered fruit).
Haritaki is beneficial in following conditions:
- It alleviates leprosy including various types of skin disorders.
- Haritaki is beneficial in anemia, narcosis, piles, chronic, intermittent fever, heart disease, head disease, diarrhea, anorexia, and cough, hardness of bowels, spleen enlargement, acute abdominal disorders, and excessive secretion of mucus.
- Haritaki has been found to be comprising of constituent that are having a wide anti- bacterial and antifungal spectrum, and help in the inhibition of growth of E. coli, the most common organism responsible for urinary tract infection. Thus helping in curing urinary tract infections or UTI.
- Haritaki is also known to be comprising of mild laxative activity.
- The plant is used in the preparation of many ayurvedic formulations for infectious diseases such as chronic ulcers, leucorrhoea, pyorrhea and various types of fungal infections of the skin.
- Haritaki increases the frequency of stools and so comprises the property of evacuating the bowel completely. Thus helping out in constipation.
- This is used as a major constituent of a Rasayana known as Triphala so it is known to impart properties as preventing aging and imparting longevity, immunity and resistance to the body against diseases.
- Haritaki is also useful in hoarseness of voice, disorders of complexion, jaundice, helminthes, and edema.
- Haritaki is also useful in respiratory disorders as bronchial asthma, and tuberculosis etc.
- Haritaki is also used for vomiting.
- This is also useful in impotency, lassitude of organs, various obstructions in channels (veins, arteries etc.), plastering of heart and chest, impairment of memory and intellect in a short time.
- Haritaki is helpful in bringing about the ignition of the digestive fire thus making available even the micro nutrients in the body.
- Helps in rejuvenating the entire systems of the body.
- Increases the bulk in the body.
- Acts as an excellent nervine tonic.
- Haritaki works as a tonic for eyes.
- Haritaki enhances the longevity of the person.
- Haritaki nourishes the body up to the tissue level.
- Scrapes out or removes away the unnecessary deposits and toxins from the body.
- Works as an excellent cardiac tonic bringing about the strengthening of the cardiac muscles.
3 – 4 grams of churna once.
If consuming in tablet or capsule forms one can have 1 capsule or tablet twice a day.
Individuals having regular complaints of indigestions, rough food, emaciated by indulgence in sex, wine (alcohol) and other poisonous substances as drugs etc, and afflicted with hunger, thirst and heat should not use Haritaki for a long period.
FAQ’s about Haritaki:
Is this herbal preparation useful in urinary tract infection and how?
Yes Haritaki is used for curing various types of urinary tract infection (UTI). This is due to it capability of inhibiting the growth of E. coli the most common organism responsible for most of urinary tract infection cases. And moreover this is also having a very wide range of anti bacterial and anti fungal activity. Thus helps in curing urinary tract infections.
Which is the most beneficial of following Haritaki Churna or Triphala Churna?
Both these churna are known for their own properties against various diseases and on the human body. So they produce their own affects on the body. But yet it is not necessary that either one of these is beneficial. Both are equally beneficial when used regularly. But yet physician’s discretion is necessary before using it since as per the disease of an individual this is prescribed.
Are their any precautionary measures that must be followed?
Yes a very simple precautionary measure while using Haritaki churna is that individuals having regular complaints of indigestions, rough food, emaciated by indulgence in sex, wine (alcohol) and other poisonous substances as drugs etc, and afflicted with hunger, thirst and heat should not use Haritaki for a long period.
Is this an age specific herbal drug? If yes what age group is prohibited for its use?
No it is not necessary that only a specific age group can use it. It is not prohibited for any age group. This can be used by any person willing for good health. There is no age bias while using this herbal preparation.
No customer reviews for the moment.