Baidyanath GANDHAK RASAYANA , 120 TAB
About Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan ((also spelled as Gandhaka Rasayana)) is a Sulphur based Ayurvedic preparation. It is prepared by processing purified Sulphur in herbal ingredients. Sulphur/Sulfur is known as ‘Gandhak’ in Sanskrit and Hindi due to its strong peculiar rotten-egg like smell. It is a non-metallic element found in nature. There are four varieties of Sulphur viz. red, yellow, white and black. Of these the red and black are not available now. Yellow variety is used for internal use and white is used for topical application.
Ingredients & Composition of Gandhak Rasayan
- Chaturjat decoction
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) Decoction
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) Decoction
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry or Phyllanthus emblica) Decoction
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) Decoction
- Ginger (Zingiber Officinale ) rhizome juice
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) juice
Medicinal Properties of Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan has following healing properties.
- Broad spectrum Antibiotic
- Digestive stimulant (mild effects)
- Antipyretic (mild effects)
- Analgesic (reduces tenderness and pain of soft tissues)
- Blood purifier
Therapeutic Indications of Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan is helpful in following health conditions.
Skin & Hairs
- Itching and burning sensation (due to any underlying pathology)
- Urticaria or hives and angioedema
- Leprosy (as a supportive therapy and cannot work alone)
- Acne or pimples
- Fungal infections of scalp
- Ring worm
Lungs & Airways
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Rhino-sinusitis or Purulent discharge from nose
- Breathing trouble associated with bacterial infections of respiratory system
Teeth & Gums
- Pain in gums
- Inflammatory disorders of gums (Gingivitis and Periodontitis)
Infertility or oligospermia due to pus in seminal fluid
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan works well in all health conditions with a common symptom of burning sensation. It is beneficial in diseases such as urinary tract infections, burning sensation in hands and feet, burning sensation in skin, itching, burning sensation of tongue etc. The main medicinal uses and benefits of Gandhak Rasayan are discussed as follows.
Urticaria or hives and angioedema
Small red spot occurs on the skin due to allergic reaction to allergens. It causes itching and sometimes burning sensation on the skin. Gandhak Rasayan is a drug of choice in ayurveda for this condition. However, sometimes, it may not work alone, so your doctor may also suggest other remedies including Jasad bhasma and Haridra Khand. If burning becomes worse, then Giloy Satva, Praval Pishti, Moti Pishti and Mukta Sukti Pishi Should be added.
Internally, Gandhak Rasayan helps eliminating itching and scabies rashes. However, you also require local application of neem oil or neem leaves and turmeric (Curcuma Longa) paste to get rid of this infection.
Acne and pimples
Gandhak Rasayan reduces acne and pimples. It helps by purifying blood, eliminating blockage, stopping secondary infections. Generally, it is used along with Shankh bhasma and Mukta Sukti Bhasma or Pishti.
Dosage of Gandhak Rasayan
The dosage of Gandhak Rasayan can vary according to age, health condition and several other factors. The safest dosage of Gandhak Rasayan is around 250 mg to 500 mg twice or thrice a day.
- Supplementary Dosage-125 to 250 mg
- Therapeutic Dosage-125 to 1000 grams
- Safest dosage-125 to 500 mg
- Maximum Daily Dosage-Up to 2 grams
Caution & Side Effects of Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan is POSSIBLY SAFE if prepared strictly according to ayurvedic principles. Changes in preparation methods or eating raw sulfur can lead a variety of adverse effects.
The excess dosage (more than 2 grams a day) of Gandhak Rasayan can cause following side effects.
- Loose stools
- Loose stools with abdominal cramps
- Stomach upset
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
No information is available about the safety and efficacy of Gandhak Rasayan in pregnancy and breastfeeding. Therefore, stay on safer side and avoid using Gandhak Rasayan in pregnancy and breastfeeding or consult your family physician or ayurvedic doctor before use.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
No customer reviews for the moment.