Bael – Bilva Giri – Wood Apple – Aegle Marmelos
Bael fruit is also known as “Wood Apple”. It is extremely popular for its medicinal and nutritional properties. It’s locally known names are ‘Kaitha‘ in Hindi, ‘Maredu Pandu‘ in Telugu, ‘Vilam Palam‘ in Tamil, ‘Belada Hannu‘ in Kannada, ‘Koovalam‘ in Malayalam, ‘Kothu‘ in Gujarati, ‘Kavath‘ in Marathi and ‘Koth Bel‘ in Bengali.
Bael fruit is a well-known home remedy to combat with various health problems like constipation, peptic ulcer, indigestion, respiratory problems, diarrhoea, dysentery, piles, diabetes etc. A famous drink known as Sharbat is made from the bael fruit.
- Bael helps in reducing the frequency of bowel movements.
- It calms intestinal spasms and pain.
- It supports intestinal flora and promotes healthy digestion.
- It helps protect and prevent ulceration of the inner mucous lining of the stomach and intestines.
- Intestinal infections.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Chronic diarrhea and dysentery.
- Consumption of Bael fruit in excessive quantities can cause stomach upsets and constipation.
- Bael can be harmful to pregnant women. Avoid bael during pregnancy.
No customer reviews for the moment.