Baidyanath Rajahprawartani (Rajaprawartani), 40 TAB
About Rajahpravartini Vati
Raja Pravartini Vati (also spelled as Rajah Pravartini Vati and called as Kasisadi Vati) is an ayurvedic medicine used for the treatment of women’s health problems. It main effects appear on uterus and ovaries. It is likely to stimulate the ovulation and corrects the ovarian functions. It also promotes the menstrual discharge due to its emmenagogue action. It is helpful in the treatment of amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, dysmenorrhea associated with light menstruation or scanty periods and backache during menstruation. It is beneficial when patient feel outflow obstruction during menstruation.
Ingredients of Rajahpravartini Vati
- Elwa (Musabbar) – Aloe Vera (Indian Aloe) Extract
- Roasted Hing (Asafetida) – Ferula Assa-Foetida)
- Shuddha Tankan (Tankan Bhasma)
- Shuddha Kasis (or Kasis Bhasma)
- Ghritkumari Ras – Aloe Vera Juice
Medicinal Properties of Rajahpravartini Vati
- Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels)
- Mild Anodyne
- Mild Laxative
- Uterine detoxifier
Therapeutic Indications of Rajahpravartini Vati
- Dysmenorrhea associated with light menstruation or scanty periods
- A backache during menstruation associated with poor menstrual flow
Benefits & Uses of Rajahpravartini Vati
Amenorrhea & Oligomenorrhea
Raja Pravartini Vati induces menstruation and promotes menstrual flow. Its ingredients like Kasis and Asafetida possess potent emmenagogue property. This action also helps to treat Oligomenorrhea. For best results, it should be given with Kumaryasava.
Raja Pravartini Vati should be started in Amenorrhea in a dosage of 500 mg twice daily and given until patient gets the period. When a patient gets the period with a proper flow, then it should be stopped for 10 days and then again it should be started. This should be repeated for at least 3 to 6 months to normalize the menstrual cycle.
Raja Pravartini Vati should only be given when the patient has no Pitta conditions associated, but it should be given when the main cause is Vata and Kapha Dosha. In such cases, the patient feels menstrual flow obstruction and discomfort during the menstrual period with a scanty period or light menstruation. It has anti-spasmodic action and emmenagogue property, so it promotes menstruation and relieves the pain.
If the patient has Pitta symptoms like burning sensation with increased menstrual flow or heavy bleeding and other pitta conditions, then Sutshekhar Ras with Praval Pishti is more beneficial for treating dysmenorrhea.
Dosage & Administration of Rajahpravartini Vati
- Amenorrhea - 500 mg twice daily
- Oligomenorrhea - 250 to 500 mg twice daily
- Dysmenorrhea - 250 to 500 mg twice daily
- Endometriosis - 250 mg twice daily for 3 months (should be stopped during periods if flow is good and restarted again after 10 days from the first day of period.)
- Maximum Possible Dosage 1000 mg Per Day (in divided doses)
Safety Profile of Rajahpravartini Vati
Raja Pravartini Vati should be taken in recommended dosage under professional supervision.
Side Effects of Raja Pravartini Vati
- Heavy menstruation
- Burning sensation in the abdomen
- Abdominal tenderness
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
No customer reviews for the moment.