Baidyanath CHANDRAPRABHA BATI, 200 TAB
About Chandraprabha Vati
Chandraprabha Vati (also called Chandraprabha Gulika and Chandraprabha Vatika) is an ayurvedic classical medicine used for the treatment of diseases of kidneys, bladder, urinary tract, pancreas, bones, joints, and thyroid gland. It is also recommended in the the management of diabetes, men’s problems, women’s problems and mental disordersChandraprabha Vati is beneficial in difficulty in urination, kidney stones, frequent urination, urinary incontinence, prostate enlargement, male infertility, impotency, nightfall, diabetes, painful periods (dysmenorrhea), Oligomenorrhea, amenorrhea, polycystic ovarian disease, anxiety, mental stress, and depression.
Ingredients of Chandraprabha Vati
- Aconitum heterophyllum-Ativisha
- Acorus Calamus-Sweet Flag or Calamus or Vacha
- Andrographis paniculata-Bhunimba
- Berberis aristata-Tree Turmeric
- Cedrus Deodara-Himalayan Cedar bark, Devdaru
- Coriandrum sativum-Coriander seeds
- Curcuma Longa-Turmeric, Haldi
- Cinnamomum Camphora-Camphor (Kapur)
- Cyperus rotundus-Nut grass (root) or Mustak
- Embelia ribes-False black pepper (Vidang)
- Emblica officinalis-Indian gooseberry fruit (Amla)
- Piper Chaba Seeds-Java Long Pepper, Chavya
- Piper Chaba Fruit-Java Long pepper fruit, Gajapipali
- Piper Longum-Long pepper (Pippali)
- Piper Longum-Long Pepper root (Piplamool)
- Piper Nigrum-Black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- Plumbago zeylanica-Lead Wort (root), Chitraka
- Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi)-Giloy
- Terminalia Chebula-Chebulic Myrobalan, Haritaki
- Terminalia Bellirica-Belliric Myrobalan, Vibhitaki
- Zingiber Officinale-Ginger, Shunti
- Baliospermum montanum-Dantimool
- Bambusa bambos-Bamboo manna, Banslochan
- Cinnamomum tamala-Patra
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum-Cinnamon
- Elettaria cardamomum-Cardamom seeds
- Operculina turpethum-Trivrit
- Commiphora mukul-Shuddha Guggulu
Medicinal Properties of Chandraprabha Vati
- Antacid (mild effects)
- Anti-inflammatory (potent anti-inflammatory for soft tissues and muscles)
- Anti-arthritic (especially for spine and effects are visible in low backache)
- Digestive Stimulant (mild effects – its effects are visible in patient with anorexia nervosa or mental stress due to over work load)
- Emmenagogue (mild effects – but it harmonizes the menstrual flow by strengthening female reproductive system)
- Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels – due to presence of Loha bhasma (iron Calx))
- Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells)
- Lowers bilirubin (mild effects – other liver medicines are also required)
- Fat Burner (due to shilajit and Loha bhasma)
- Anti-gout (it increases urinary excretion of uric acid)
- Analgesic (in gout and osteoarthritis)
- Muscle relaxant (its effects appears on uterine muscles during painful periods)
- Anthelmintic (due to Vidanga)
- Mild anti-hypertensive
Therapeutic Indications of Chandraprabha Vati
- General debility
- Physical weakness
- Generalized fatigue syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome
- Burning or heat sensation in feet or palms
- Health Tonic
- Mental stress due to excess work load
- Depression with passive symptoms
- Memory loss in students
- Mental fatigue in students
- High blood pressure (Mild anti-hypertensive effects)
- Tachycardia or palpitation
- Heart tonic
- Heel pain
- Tenderness in the heels
- Low backache
- Knee osteoarthritis (used with ashwagandha extract)
- Muscular pain associated with fatigue
- Amenorrhea (absent menses)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menses) dysmenorrhea
- Excessive uterine bleeding
- Uterine polyp (with Kachnaar Guggul)
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Imbalanced female hormones
- Habitual miscarriage
- Prostate enlargement (used with varuna/crataeva nurvala)
- Impotency (with ashwagandhaand Konch pak)
- Erectile dysfunction (with ashwagandha)
- Frequent urination
- Urinary incontinence
- Glycosuria (sugar in urine)
- Albuminuria or proteinuria
- Chronic renal (kidney) failure
- Nephrotic Syndrome (Nephrosis)
- Kidney stones
- Polycystic kidney disease (PKD)
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Chandraprabha Vati
General Debility & Fatigue
Chandraprabha Vati is used as total health tonic and supplement for reducing general debility and increasing physical strength. The effects are due shilajit and loha bhasma. It reduces fatigue and revitalizes the body with refreshing feeling. Its effects usually appear when it is taken with Cow’s milk.
Mental Fatigue & Stress
Chandraprabha Vati is beneficial for reducing mental fatigue and mental stress. The effects are due to its main ingredient SHILAJIT.It also helps students to decrease the study related stress and improves memory.
High Blood Pressure & Tachycardia
Chandraprabha Vati has mild anti-hypertensive effects. Its main effects appear in people with excessive alcohol intake. Alcohol may increase the blood pressure and result in headache etc. Chandraprabha Vati effectively helps in this case for lowering the blood pressure and providing the strength to the heart.It also reduces heart palpitation and increase heart rate (tachycardia). Its effects on these health conditions might be due to Shilajit and Loha bhasma.
Gout & Raised Uric Acid Level
Chandraprabha Vati increases excretion of harmful toxins like creatinine, urea and uric acid from the body. It corrects the natural functions of kidney and helps to eliminate the excess uric acid. However, it may not have effect on uric acid production, but it can reduce uric acid level by stimulating excretion of uric acid through kidneys. Generally, it is used along with Gokshuradi guggul/Vati, Guduchi Satva and Punarnava powder or Punarnavarishta for improving excretion of uric acid.
Chandraprabha Vati is also useful in low backache, spinal arthritis and knee osteoarthritis. It has potent anti-inflammatory and mild analgesic characteristics. It reduces pain and inflammation in joint disorders.
Amenorrhea, Oligomenorrhea & Dysmenorrhea
However, Chandraprabha Vati has mild Emmenagogue effects, but it can correct the hormonal balance in the women, which ultimately corrects the problems like absent periods, light menstruation and painful periods.It also has mild anti-spasmodic action due to the presence of ingredients such as ginger, pepper, long pepper, loha bhasma etc. It reduces menstrual cramps and lower abdominal pain during menstrual period.
Excessive Uterine Bleeding & Uterine Polyp
Excessive uterine bleeding has many causes, but the most common cause is uterine polyp. Chandraprabha Vati works with Kanchnaar guggul to reduce the size of polyps. However, if bleeding is main concern, then other medications are also required to stop the bleeding. This medicine includes Praval Pishti, Mukta Pishti, Mochras, Daruharidra etc.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Chandraprabha Vati is drug of choice for polycystic ovarian disease. It removes cysts and corrects the ovarian function. The effects on hormones are visible when it is taken with Ashokarishta and Kanchanar guggul.Chandraprabha Vati is actually tonic for the all organs in the reproductive system and organs in the pelvis. It assists other medicines to act better and more efficiently. Therefore, it is recommended in every case with reproductive disorders. It is also great remedy for polycystic ovarian disease. If it accompanies with profuse menstruation or heavy bleeding, then the best combination in ayurveda includes:
- Chandraprabha Vati
- Kamdudha Ras
- Musli Khadiradi Kashayam
If periods are irregular, but scanty and patient has oligomenorrhea, then Ashokarishta may not be a right choice. If it is required, then it should be taken in combination with Kumarayasava. Otherwise, the following combination works well in this case.
- Chandraprabha Vati
- Sukumaram Kashayam
- Kanchanar guggul
Some patients may not respond well to this combination, and then they may also require Agnitundi Vati for bringing periods. However, it should only be used for a short period and should be discontinued while menstruation.
Chandraprabha Vati is a great uterine tonic. According to ayurvedic beliefs, habitual miscarriage occurs due to weak uterus. Therefore, Chandraprabha Vati is used for strengthening the uterine muscles along with ashwagandha extract.
Chandraprabha Vati works well in reducing urinary discomfort due to prostate hypertrophy. It also decreases the size of enlarged prostate gland. It is more effective when used with Varuna (crataeva nurvala).
Oligospermia, Impotence & Erectile dysfunction
Chandraprabha Vati works on all male reproductive organs and rectifies the natural functions. In oligospermia, It increases count, strength and helps in physical weakness. It is generally used with ashwagandha extract and Konch pak.
Frequent Urination & Urinary Incontinence
Chandraprabha Vati reduces urinary frequency and urinary incontinence. However, it has no direct influence on frequent urination, but it corrects the underlying cause of these problems and helps combating these problems.
In diabetic patients, microalbuminuria is an earliest sign of diabetic kidney damage. The other causes of albuminuria are exposure to heat or cold, emotional stress, fever, and strenuous exercise etc. You also need to rule out the underlying cause and treatment should also be done accordingly. In most of these causes, Chandraprabha Vati along with Kamdudha Ras works well to reduce and treat protein loss in the urine. If you are diabetic, then you should check the blood glucose level regularly and keep it under good control.
Chandraprabha Vati is an excellent remedy for glycosuria (presence of sugar in the urine). Along with anti-diabetic medicines or following herbal combination, it shows good results for reducing presence of abnormal glucose in the urine.
Chronic Kidney Disease
As we have discussed in case of gout, Chandraprabha Vati reduces the serum level of creatinine, blood urea and uric acid. 1-gram dosage twice a day of it helps stopping increase in creatinine levels in the blood.
Chandraprabha Vati has antilithiatic and lithotriptic effects, so it reduces formation of kidney stones and helps inhibiting formation of stones in the kidneys.
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD)
Chandraprabha Vati with Kachnaar guggul helps in polycystic kidney disease. The effects become visible after a few days with this combination.
Cystitis or inflammation of the bladder commonly occurs due to urinary tract infection (UTI). It can also have other causes like drugs, use of spermicidal jellies, feminine hygiene spray or catheterization etc.Cystitis causes cloudy urine, foul-smelling urine, frequent urination, burning sensation, or pelvic discomfort. Chandraprabha Vati is effective for reducing all these symptoms. Along with Chandanadi Vati and Chandanasava, it works well for curing cystitis.
Dosage of Chandraprabha Vati
(500 mg tablet) – 1 – 2 tablets 1 – 2 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Side effects of Chandraprabha Vati
- People with high BP should take this medicine only under medical care, since this medicine contains salt as ingredient.
- Over-dosage may cause slight burning sensation in abdomen.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in cool dry place.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
No customer reviews for the moment.