Baidyanath AROGYAVARDHINI BATI, 40 TAB
About Arogyavardhini Vati
Arogyavardhini Vati (also known as Arogyavardhini Gutika Rasa) is an ayurvedic herbal mineral formulation. It is effective solution for almost all types of diseases. It is useful in diseases of heart, stomach, liver, intestines, spleen, gall bladder, skin, teeth and gums.
Arogyavardhini Vati is also helpful in thyroid disorders, obesity, diabetes, edema due to any underlying cause, psoriasis etc.
Ingredients of Arogyavardhini Vati
- Picrorhiza Kurroa (Kutki)
- Shuddha Guggulu
- Plumbago Zeylanica (Chitrak)
- Shilajit (purified asphaltum)
- Emblica officinalis (Amla, Indian Gooseberry)
- Terminalia Bellirica (Bibhitaki)
- Terminalia Chebula (Haritaki)
- Parad Purified (Shuddha Parad)
- Purified Sulfur (Shuddha Gandhak)
- Loha Bhasma (Lauh Bhasma)
- Abhrak Bhasma
- Tamra Bhasma
Medicinal Properties of Arogyavardhini Vati
Arogyavardhini Vati has following healing properties.
- Digestive Stimulant
- Mild laxative
- Liver tonic
- Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells)
- Mild Expectorant
Therapeutic Indications of Arogyavardhini Vati
Arogyavardhini Vati is helpful in following health conditions.
- High cholesterol levels
- Chronic Constipation
- Inflammation of gallbladder
- Loss of appetite
- Gas or flatulence
- Abdominal distension
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Arogyavardhini Vati
Arogyavardhini Vati mainly works on digestive system. Ayurveda believes a proper digestion is a main component of health. If digestion becomes poor, it leads to various diseases in the body. Generally, poor digestion may cause malabsorption and production of more toxins (AMA) in the body, which ultimately cause a variety of disorders. The second factor is constipation. Constipation is also a root of many diseases in the body. Arogyavardhini Vati works on both. It improves digestion and corrects metabolic activities in the body. It also cures constipation and prevents diseases.
Arogyavardhini Vati reduces cholesterol levels by improving liver functions. It also prevents deposition of plaque in the blood vessels. It also prevents atherosclerosis (hardening of blood vessels). Thus, it helps patients with high cholesterol levels and heart diseases.
However, it may not have direct influence on reducing elevated blood pressure, but it reduces lipids in the blood vessels and sometimes, high cholesterol levels and atherosclerosis are the main causes of hypertension. It works slowly and its action can appear only after 3 to 4 month regular therapy with it.
Some patients with high blood pressure have following symptoms.
- Redness in eyes
- Pain around eyes
Ancient scholars actually formulated formula of Arogyavardhini Vati to work on constipation. However, it is beneficial in all types of constipation, but it mainly works well in chronic type. It has following actions in chronic constipation.
- It provides strength to the intestines due to Shilajit and other minerals present in it.
- It stimulates the secretion of bile from the liver and bile improves peristaltic movements of intestine, which ultimately helps facilitating the movement of stool from the intestines to lower end of the large intestine.
- It softens the stools and reduces hard stool formation.
- It reduces excessive stickiness or fattiness of stools to the intestinal walls, which facilitates stool movement.
- It improves digestion and facilitates a proper absorption of nutrients in the body.
Liver Disorders & Hepatitis
Arogyavardhini Vati is generally good for following liver conditions.
- Fatty liver syndrome
- Edema associated with liver disease
- Inflammatory diseases of liver
- Viral hepatitis
- Alcoholic hepatitis
Loss of appetite & Indigestion
Arogyavardhini Vati contains CHIRAK herb and long pepper, which increases appetite and reduces indigestion.
Gas, Flatulence & Bloating
Herbs present in Arogyavardhini Vati have anti-flatulent action and reduces gas formation in the alimentary canal. Hence, Arogyavardhini Vati reduces intestinal gas, flatulence, bloating and abdominal distension.
Dosage of Arogyavardhini Vati
The dosage of Arogyavardhini Vati varies from 250 mg to 1000 grams twice or thrice a day. The maximum dosage of Arogyavardhini Vati should not exceed from 3 grams a day.
Caution & Side Effects
The unwise use and wrong analysis of DOSHA (humors) involvement in diseases can lead to side effects. You should remember that Arogyavardhini Vati works well in VATA humor and KAPHA humor. It can also be used in case of SAMA PITTA or PITTA associated with dominance of KAPHA humor. It can worsen the following symptoms of NIRAMA PITTA.
- Burning sensation (But if KAPHA is dominant or AMA is associated with PITTA, then arogyavardhini vati may be useful, otherwise it is contraindicated.)
- Ulceration in mouth (only if inflamed ulcer with redness, burning and intense pain)
- Increase bleeding (very rare)
- Vertigo (very rare)
However, Arogyavardhini Vati does not cause these side effects itself, but it is contraindicated in these health condition because it may worsen these symptoms.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Arogyavardhini Vati is likely to be UNSAFE in pregnancy. Therefore, there are many safer alternatives available, so you should never use Arogyavardhini Vati in pregnancy.
The safety profile is not available for breastfeeding, so you should stay on safer side and avoid using Arogyavardhini Vati during lactation period.
There are no absolute contraindications for Arogyavardhini Vati, but it may not be suitable in following conditions:
Kidney Diseases, especially renal failure
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
No customer reviews for the moment.