Baidyanath SHANKH BHASMA, 20 GM
Also known as
About Shankha Bhasma
Shankha Bhasma (also spelled as Shankh Bhasm) is an ayurvedic remedy prepared from conch shell. In ayurveda, Shankh Bhasma is used for treating diarrhoea (loose stools), acne, pimples, liver enlargement (hepatomegaly), splenomegaly, abdominal pain, indigestion, loss of appetite, heartburn, acid reflux, abdominal distension and irritable bowel syndrome. It has several other health benefits and medicinal uses.
Ingredients (Composition) of Shankha Bhasma
- Purified Conch Shell (Purified Shankh)
- Lemon Juice
- Dharit Kumari
Therapeutic Indications of Shankha Bhasma
Shankh Bhasma (Processed Conch Shell Calx) is helpful in following health conditions.
- Loss of appetite
- Liver enlargement
- Spleen enlargement
- Gas or flatulence
- Abdominal distension
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Acne or pimples
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Shankha Bhasma
- Shankha is beneficial in various types of eye disorders.
- Shankha is also known to benefit in various types of inflammations and infections of the intestine.
- Shankha with its antacid property works for Acid Indigestion Treatment and is known for its benefits in various types of stomach aches.
- It is great used in Acid Reflux Problems.
- Shankha also benefits in various types of skin ailments.
- This is known for its maximum benefit in pimples that appear early when a child for the first times attains puberty.
- Shankha is also known to benefit in disorders of liver, spleen etc.
- Shankha helps in attaining a healthy and well balanced mind and body.
- Shankha is also known to benefit in various types of gastric disorders and thus doing so increases the rate of metabolism.
- Since this is known to be comprising of a lot of calcium content in it therefore it is known to produce best benefit in various calcium deficiency diseases.
- Shankha is also known to be comprising of phosphorus content in it thus is known to benefit both the bones as well as the teeth.
- Shankha is also known to be an excellent therapy for Bronchopneumonia (especially in children).
- Shankha is also known to be having thrombosis like properties so is also used in cases if suffering from any types of bleeding disorders.
- Shankha is also useful in various types of skin ailments as leprosy.
- Shankha is known to benefit in case if suffering from various types of diseases resulted due to Pitta Dosha.
- Shankha is also known for its rejuvenating effect on the body.
- Also increases the working efficacy of liver and spleen.
- In individuals who are suffering from various types of digestion related problems this is a very good remedy.
- Also reduces the levels of Vatu in the stomach thus preventing from any types of pain, indigestion or even flatulence.
- Is also known to be benefiting in various types of pains and inflammations.
Dosage of Shankha Bhasma
- Age Group(in infants)-10Mg to 30mg
- Age Group(in children)-60mg
- Age Group (in adults)-125mg
- Moderate dosage(Adults)-125mg to 500 mg
- Moderate dosage(Children)-60mg to 250 mg
- Maximum Possible Dosage-1000mg
Side Effects of Shankha Bhasma
Shankh Bhasma can cause fissure (fine cracks or cuts) on tongue when kept on tongue without mixing it with honey or any other remedy. Secondly, it may also cause constipation in some patients when it is used alone.
Therefore, adjuvant is very important for using shankha bhasma. The most appropriate adjuvants and combinations should be used for getting more benefits and preventing side effects.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Shankh Bhasma may not be appropriate medicines during pregnancy when pregnant woman experience constipation. Shankh Bhasma is POSSIBLY SAFE for lactating mothers.
Contraindications of Shankha Bhasma
Constipation is the main contraindication for Shankh Bhasma. It is also used for local application for removing hair and treating acne and pimples. In such cases, the local application of Shankh Bhasma is contraindicated in fissured, cut or cracked skin.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
No customer reviews for the moment.