Baidyanath LOHA BHASMA, 20 GM
About Loha Bhasma
Loha Bhasma (Magnetic iron Calx) is an ayurvedic mineral-based medicine prepared from iron oxide. It is therapeutically useful in cases of iron deficiency anemia, jaundice, irritable bowel syndrome and hemolytic anemia.
Ingredients of Loha Bhasma
- Iron (Purified)
- Hingool churna
- Ghrit kumari ras
- Kulthi (Macrotyloma uniflorum) Decoction
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Jambul Tree Bark
Indication of Loha Bhasma
- Anti rheumatic
Loha Bhasma has following healing properties.
- Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels)
- Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells)
- Lowers bilirubin
- Fat Burner
Therapeutic Indications of Loha Bhasma
Loha Bhasma is useful in following diseases.
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Hemolytic anemia
- General debility
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Health Benefits & Medicinal Uses
Generally, Loha Bhasma iron compound used for anemia. Its bioavailability is higher than any other iron supplement. It promotes red blood cells formation.
Iron deficiency anemia
Due to iron-based medicine, Loha Bhasma helps to compensate the iron requirement of the body. It does also improve the absorption of iron in the intestines to blood.
It also reduces anemia symptoms such as extreme fatigue, weakness, pale skin, and shortness of breath, headache, lightheadedness, tongue sores, cold hands or feet, palpitation, brittle nails etc. It improves appetite and reduces the craving for non-nutritious things like clay, earth or dirt.
Hemolytic anemia is an abnormal breakdown of red blood cells.It has two types based on causes.
- Hereditary (inherited) hemolytic anemia
- Acquired hemolytic anemia
lauha bhasma works well in case of acquired hemolytic anemia. However, it may be used in cases of hereditary or inherited hemolytic anemia (including thalassemia and sickle cell disease).
In ayurveda, iron supplements are also used to treat jaundice. Kanta Loha Bhasma helps lowering bilirubin levels in the blood and supports liver functions.
Irritable bowel syndrome
Loha Bhasma is a good remedy for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. It cures constipation and reduces stomach upset and discomfort.
It is also used in arthritis, diabetes and chronic fevers.
Dosage & Administration
The dosage of Loha Bhasma is about 50 mg to 250 mg twice a day. Loha Bhasma dosage should not exceed from 500 mg per day.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Overdosage may cause many side effects including gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.
No customer reviews for the moment.